March 24, 2010

a spoken word experiment

my spoken word poem about social media, performed live in los angeles on march 23, 2010.  a four-minute shout out to the wild world of facebook, twitter, myspace, and all their social media playmates:



maybe you can't tell in the video, but i was shocked by the lack of audience reaction to my indonesian facebook friend request reference. is this not happening to anyone else?  i get (no joke) at least half a dozen facebook friend requests from random indonesians every day.  i thought they had some kind of widespread facebook spam problem over there, but maybe i share a name with some indonesian soap star or something.  if anyone can help me solve this mystery, i'd be very grateful.  i guess i'll just have to rewrite the beginning of this poem, since clearly this isn't the widespread problem i thought it was...

also, i'm painfully aware of my egregious grammatical faux pas.  as it was leaving my mouth, a little piece of my soul died. but, alas, there are no retakes in live performance.

UPDATE:  joy and kristen get indonesian friend requests, too.  see, it's not just me!

also, to those who've asked, the "fail whale" is twitter's error message image:

3 comments:

Tucker Bradford said...

Awesome! I have to admit, I was skeptical but you owned that stage.

authentacity said...

that was really enjoyable...great alliteration. but wth is a fail wail?

rassel Phoe said...

Thank you for giving the information. It's very helpful for me.
santa barbara wine tours are the #1 attraction for visitors to Santa Barbara and we are the #1 Wine Tour Company. We run daily wine tours from Santa Barbara to the Santa Ynez Valley. Our wine tasting tours are the best, they are fun, educational, and comfortable. Discover wine tours Santa Barbara style.
Friends, if you like to know more about santa barbara wine tours. please visit our website