April 29, 2010

majority gay

i was voting for the webby awards today when i came across this delightful little meme: how hetero

this fun little tool will analyze your last 200 tweets for language that indicates your sexual orientation.  it's a product of stockholm pride 2009, the theme of which was to explore how heteronormativity affects everyday life.  they developed the "how hetero" tool as a funny, pointed way to show how norms affect how we're perceived by others.  i'm very keen on this topic, so i was intrigued to try it out.  turns out, i'm only 49% hetero, since my last 200 tweets included terms like gay, leather, closet, and leslie jordan.








find out how hetero you are here.

5 comments:

Jonathan R. said...

I was 88% hetero.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch said...

Umm, I'm 59%.
"You're as hetero as low-fat mayonnaise. Trying to have our cake and eat it too are we?"
Oh, that acorn doesn't fall far from the tree, does it? I'm going out to purchase some sturdy shoes, and run my dogs in some agility trials....

kate. said...

I copied the comment on my results, ready to post to your blog, but was totally disappointed/pleased to see that this exact thing had already been done by none other than your fabulous madre! I, too, am just shy of 60%.

zoe jong said...

hmmmm.... 87% clearly I am the only straight one in the family. ;)

anneke jong said...

@zoe that's because all you talk about is hockey.