January 26, 2011

professional network map

i'm a huge data visualization buff, so linkedin's new mapping tool is making me giddy. it literally maps your social graph, creating a personalized infographic of your professional connections. in the tool, you can zoom in and see who each individual dot is, but i actually like looking at the macro view and trying to identify purely based on patterns. my buddy austin is pretty easy to spot. i also have no idea why stanford (orange) is so far away from everything else.


2 comments:

Jennifer said...

ISn't that a neat tool? WE've been having fun with it lately. This inspired me to add you on linked in, but I can only find people with your name int he netherlands.

David R said...

Wow, those networks are very distinct. I found huge overlap, mainly between Bain and the GSB, which says something.