October 14, 2013

Two big updates



2013 has been a wild ride, and I'm pleased to share two very exciting updates today:

1) Bread is joining Yahoo
When we started Bread two and a half years ago, we set out to change the way people did promotions and advertising on social media (click here to learn what Bread actually did). Since 2011, we created the only rich-media advertising platform that works on every social platform and across any device. We built really great technology that re-imagined what digital advertising looks like. We made beautiful ads with some of the world's top brands. But most important, we helped a new generation of content producers (musicians, bloggers, writers, and comedians) make a living. We're thrilled today to announce that our team has joined Yahoo to continue build awesome stuff to make the web better. You can read more about the announcement here.



2) I have joined the Google Creative Lab
I'm super excited to announce that I have joined the Google Creative Lab in New York City. Although I will miss my Bread family as they go to Yahoo, I just couldn't pass up this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity with Google. Tucked away in the sky loft of the NYC office, the Creative Lab is a small, scrappy team of creatives and strategists that cooks up some of the most exciting creative projects at Google, from Google's most popular ad to envisioning the future of the Internet. (Correction: It turns out that this tear-jerker from the Lab is actually Google's most popular ad. Incidentally, it is also my favorite)


I'm so grateful for the opportunities I've had over the last few years with Bread. Building something from nothing is an exhilarating experience, and I learned a lot from working with the team that did it with me. Entrepreneurship is a wild ride, and I want to especially thank all the great clients, partners, investors, advisors, and friends who've been a part of the journey.

As always, you can find me on Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, where the next chapter in my story is sure to unfold.

And now, on to the next adventure :)


No comments: